Thursday, January 14, 2016

What a difference a day makes

Today was great! It was still a tough workout. I still wasn't able to sustain the high cadence on the greater loads, but I did the class and I felt good afterwards. It's amazing what a difference it makes when reminding yourself of that you must begin somewhere. Don't despise the days of small beginnings.

I also adjusted my breakfast a bit that I think helped with energy level. I ate oatmeal with raisins and honey. Had a few cups of tea and a class of water. That was about 2.5 hours prior to the class. Then, around 30 minutes before, I had more water and ate a couple of bites of a banana. Finally, I added a nuun tablet to my water to add some electrolytes. I'll stick with this routine for a while and see if it holds up.

It was 57 degrees outside today so I enjoyed a short ride around one of our pathways and on a familiar street. It was good to get outside for a bit.

Thankful for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment